Friday, November 2, 2007

God being obvious

I talk about resting a lot--but mostly--I'm really good at not doing it very well. It alludes me.

And lately, God's being ridiculously obvious about how seriously we need to take rest. He rested--we all know that--but apparently--it's not a big enough deal for us to stop doing so dang much and breathe.

So here are all the things He's put in my face about the Sabbath:

"Blessed are those who honor my Sabbath days of rest." Isaiah 56:2

"The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of the people, and not the people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath." Mark 2:27-28

"Keep the Sabbath day holy. Don't pursue your own interests on that day, but enjoy the Sabbath and speak of it with delight as the Lord's holy day." Isaiah 58:13

Blessed--when God says someone will be blessed--I WANT IN ON THAT.

Made to meet the needs of the people--God cares about my needs and I'm not even taking it!

Holy--set apart. SET APART.

Good stuff.

No comments: